Director of Accounting Michigan Opera TheatreDetroit, MI 2 days ago Full Time
Michigan Opera Theater is seeking an experienced Accounting Director. The Director of Accounting is responsible for general ledger accountability, financial reporting and analysis, and systems improvement. She/he will lead day-to-day accounting operations and is responsible for the direct oversight and supervision of accounting staff, for the production of financial reports and statements, and maintenance of accounting records and budgets. The Director of Accounting also serves as controller for the company and is accountable for developing and enforcing a comprehensive set of controls in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies. Non-profit accounting experience & CPA strongly preferred. Management experience required.
To see the complete job posting, please visit our website: http://www.michiganopera.org/working-with-us/employment/
To apply for this position in confidence, send resume and cover letter to employment@MOTopera.org
About our company:
Michigan Opera Theatre (MOT) is one of Michigan’s preeminent performing arts institutions, a statewide cultural resource, and one of the nation’s leading professional opera companies. MOT is also a major presenter of well-known international ballet and modern dance, and of educational programming. A year-round venue for more than 370 events annually, MOT plays host to a wide variety of community gatherings, activities, and special events. MOT is among a select few opera companies nationwide to own its theatre. The 2,700-seat Detroit Opera House is home to opera productions and presentations of dance and theatre, as well as a wide variety of other events. An additional operating unit, the Opera House Parking Center, not only provides an important service to patrons but is also a significant revenue source for MOT.
Accounting Coordinator Professional Photographers of AmericaAtlanta, GA 3 days ago Full Time
The world’s largest non-profit photographic association is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented and proactive Accounting Coordinator. We are looking for that special someone who wants to be part of the team and contribute to our continuing success. Here at Professional Photographers of America, we work hard and get the job done in an environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and professionalism.
What Is PPA?
More photographers get into the industry every day, but few know how to profitably run a business and many don’t know where to turn for support. That’s why Professional Photographers of America (or PPA) was started back in 1869, and that’s why we exist today.
Created and led by professional photographers, PPA is a non-profit international association that helps those serious about photography live their dreams profitably.
To do that, we -
PPA has also worked very hard to create an exceptional team of 45 employees with non-traditional benefits. Yes we offer a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits program; health and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, etc. We also offer a performance-based annual bonus, year-round casual dress code, gym membership benefits, a fantastic summer hours program, plus, the biggest thing of all: we have a lot of fun.
Over 29,000 pro photographers rely on PPA now, and we are always looking for and investing in new ways to provide the resources and support they need. Sound like a mission you want to be a part of? Then we want to meet you!
As an employee of PPA, we work together to make PPA an excellent place to work. We engage in meaningful discussions, treat each other with respect and courtesy, and never gossip about one another. We are here to help our members succeed as photographers and small business entities, while promoting the industry of Professional Photography.
This position is responsible for accounting activities related to collections, accounts receivable and accounts payable as well as participating in various other accounting functions. The primary duties include enforcing company policies and procedures in relation to accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College Degree or equivalent. Some college accounting courses preferred. 2+ years of experience in accounts receivables, collections and accounts payable required. Prior experience with Microsoft Great Plains Accounting software is preferred. Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Must be detailed oriented, self motivated, work well within a team environment and have excellent communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds without the assistance of another person. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Senior Accountant 14 West of the Agora CompaniesBaltimore, MD 4 days ago Full Time
If the idea of being a traditional CPA doesn’t appeal to you, and you’re looking for a less conventional work environment, you’ll want to read more. 14 West, part of The Agora, an international consortium of media companies with offices located in the historic Mount Vernon district of Baltimore, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join its team. The Agora is comprised of more than 800 professionals in Baltimore that enjoy some of the top workplaces in the city according to The Baltimore Sun.
Whether you’re looking to leave the 60 hour a week world of public accounting all the while retaining the variety and work challenges of a public firm, or you want to make a positive and exciting career move within the private sector, this could be your dream job. In order to succeed in this type of environment, you have to have to be flexible, a strong communicator, and a willingness to take on any challenge. And on top of that, you have to have an open mind and a positive attitude.
Although you can expect some level of consistency, your day to day work will vary greatly. One day could be spent preparing year end work papers. The next day could be fulfilled training one of our divisions on the proper way to allocate sales or set up marketing codes. So if you’re looking to work in an industry where no two days are the same and you’re continually challenged to bring your creative ideas to the table, this is what you’ve been waiting for.
30 days: You’ll be training with our team to learn your responsibilities.
90 days: You’ll learn the complex business functions of each client and The Agora as a whole, while taking on additional tasks and projects.
180 days: You’ll accomplish all day to day job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
365 days: You’ll become a leader of our group, quickly taking on and accomplishing projects as they’re presented, communicating with ease to each business unit, and building strong relationships both within the accounting department and within the larger organization as a whole.
We offer a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services to our employees, including but not limited to the following:
How to Apply:
If you believe you’re the right person for this opportunity, please tell us why in your cover letter. We want to know who you are and why we should bring you in for an interview—that means describing yourself, your experience, why you’re a fit for The Agora and lastly, why The Agora is right for you. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link provided.
About The Agora:
The Agora, or "Agora" as it is commonly called, is often mistaken for a relatively small “publishing company” out of Baltimore, Maryland. In fact, what began as a half-dozen like-minded writers in a small city row home is now a collection of over 20 of the world’s most powerful privately owned media companies. The name “Agora” was initially given by Bill Bonner to those half dozen writers in 1978. The word is a Greek term for “marketplace.” To Bill, he and his colleagues had conceived of the world’s first marketplace for ideas. Not just any ideas - ideas that you weren't likely to get elsewhere. The world did not need any more “information.” Today the name "Agora" is synonymous with icons of the alternative press, and masters of direct marketing.
About 14 West:
14 West shares not only a long history but a heritage with The Agora, “a marketplace for ideas,” and the only global network of its kind for the world’s most innovative privately-owned media enterprises. Today, more than 20 of those enterprises rely on 14 West to find them the talent they need in copy, editorial, digital marketing and technology to remain consistently at the helm of the industry at large.
With a diverse range of services and a unique breadth of experience in the media industry, 14 West holds the key to creating compelling, competitive workplaces and turning entrepreneurs and their ideas into evolutionary brands.
The key is people. People that will continue to drive those brands forward for another 40 years. People like you perhaps?
Accountant NMT Financial and Business Solutions, LLCOrlando, FL 6 days ago Part Time
Expert Bookkeeper that can work remotely. A deep understanding of Accruals and GAAP.
Junior Accountant/Bookkeeper for an Outsourced Business Services Firm ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA 1 week ago Full Time
Our client is a unique firm that provides a wide range of outsourced business services to small businesses and start-ups. This is an exciting and fast-paced firm with an awesome culture. The company covers everything from basic bookkeeping and tax planning to forecasting/budgets to HR, legal, and acquisition work. They are seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join their growing Venice office.
This is a great opportunity to grow with a unique and dynamic company!
Staff Accountant for an Outsourced Business Services Firm ConfidentialVenice, CA 1 week ago Full Time
Our client is a unique firm that provides a wide range of outsourced business services to small businesses and start-ups. This is an exciting and fast-paced firm with an awesome culture. The company covers everything from basic bookkeeping and tax planning to forecasting/budgets to HR, legal, and acquisition work. They are seeking a full-time Accountant to join their growing Venice office.
This is a great opportunity to grow with a unique and dynamic company!
Senior Accountant for an Outsourced Business Services Firm ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA 1 week ago Full Time
Our client is a unique firm that provides a wide range of outsourced business services to small businesses and start-ups. This is an exciting and fast-paced firm with an awesome culture. The company covers everything from basic bookkeeping and tax planning to forecasting/budgets to HR, legal, and acquisition work. They are seeking a full-time Senior Accountant for their Venice office.
This is a great opportunity to grow with an awesome company!
Senior Forensic Accountant for an Economic Consulting Firm ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA 1 week ago Full Time
Our client is a forensic economic consulting firm with extensive experience in areas such as personal injury, wrongful death, and business litigation. They are seeking a Senior Forensic Accountant to add to their growing team. This is a full-time role and ideal for an individual who is looking to be challenged through a leadership role. There is strong potential for this role to turn into a partner-level position within a few years for the right candidate.
Accounting Associate Feats IncBaltimore, MD 1 week ago Full Time
One of the nation’s boutique event and experience agencies is looking for an experienced accounting professional to join our team. Feats Inc. designs and creates a wide range of engaging environments, exhibits, displays and experiences for universities, national non-profits and other organizations that are impacting our world. In this role, you will be responsible for the detailed accounting functions of general ledger, accounts receivable, and job costing including time capturing for each event thus allowing our creative and production team to focus on the client deliverables. This position is a great opportunity for an individual with 3 - 5 years of small business accounting experience who is looking to work in a professional, exciting and fast-paced environment with growth opportunity.
The Ideal Candidate will excel in the following areas:
Required Skills and Qualifications
Send letter of application and resume to our office manager, Melissa Noonan at email@example.com
FLSA Status: Exempt
Accounting Technician Community College SystemWake County, NC 1 week ago Full Time
RECRUITMENT RANGE:$25,900 – $41,003/Journey Level/63 This position is responsible for working collaboratively with the Director and other accounting staff within the State-Aid Unit, maintaining a comprehensive base of financial data, accounting policies and procedures and providing technical assistance to the 58 community colleges of North Carolina. The primary purpose of this position is to process college budgets, operating cash requests and daily state revenue postings. This position ensures college budgets are allocated accurately, efficiently and timely. Position responsibility will include current operating and capital outlay budget allocations, transfers and reversions. This position establishes and maintains methods to monitor and analyze college budgets to ensure monthly process reconciliation and accuracy. Duties also include requesting colleges cash needs, compiling cash reports for state level processing and requesting cash deposits into college St. Treasurer accounts. This position also receives, analyzes and processes daily revenue posting by the 58 community colleges. In collaboration with the State-Aid unit, this position ensures that the 58 community colleges submit monthly financial reports in a timely manner, verifies the accuracy of the reports and reconciles state bank accounts with the Office of the State Treasurer. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Financial Program Monitoring and Management: Experience maintaining and examining accounting records to assure accuracy and adherence to accounting standards and regulations. Communications: Ability to interpret and explain financial information. Problem Solving: Ability to interpret oral and/or written guidelines to solve problems. Knowledge – Technical: Experience compiling complicated Microsoft Excel spreadsheet reports and proficiency using Microsoft Word. The person in this position must be able to work independently, communicate effectively and pleasantly, work well under pressure and be flexible to change work hours as required. PREFERRED COMPETENCIES: Preference will be given to applicants with a thorough knowledge of North Carolina Community College accounting processes. Preference also includes experience auditing budget activity, thorough understanding of general ledger processing (specific to debits/credits and journal entries) and reconciling bank accounts. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements High school diploma or equivalency and two years of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Supplemental and Contact Information The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the Office of State Human Resources Act (OSHR) with highly qualified individuals. Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at http://oshr.nc.gov/work-for-nc/, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process. For further information, please contact: APRIL TIBBS, PERSONNEL TECHNICIAN II North Carolina Community College System Office Personnel Services/Caswell Building 50013 Mail Service Center Raleigh, NC 27699-5001 Phone: (919) 807-7177 Fax: (919) 807-7222 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounts Receivable Specialist I FinanceFairfax, VA 1 week ago Full Time
Under general supervision of the General Accounting Supervisor, performs the day to day activities involved in the collection and posting of accounts receivable for Fairfax Water. Examples of Duties
- Opens the customer payment center and maintains proper cash controls at POS registers.
- Accepts customer payments and provides a high level of customer service support.
- Accurately processes deposits including items requiring special handling, such as multiple transaction payments, payments with no account number, and payments with unusual amounts.
- Processes and posts transactions (cash and checks) for payments received from customers in Fairfax Water's night depository.
- Processes and posts transactions (checks and ACH payments) for payments received from customers using a bill paying or other third party payment service.
- Reviews lock box items daily ensuring accurate and timely corrections for all rejections.
- Counts cash at the end of each night and balances daily counter activity.
- Prepares the daily cash reconciliation report comparing bank deposits to payments posted in the SAP accounting system.
- Acts as custodian of a petty cash fund.
- Maintains the direct debit program ensuring accurate setup of customer bank information.
- Prepares and delivers the daily bank deposit within a specific time frame.
- Reviews daily cash receipts clarification report, researching and resolving all payment discrepancies.
- Researches and corrects customer payment problems.
- Researches and corrects customer related bank debit and credit notices.
- Researches customer payments for accounts that are eligible for a refund.
- Assists the Customer Service Department with payment research and other requests, when needed.
- Maintains accounts receivable files and performs other administrative functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from high school supplemented by courses in accounting and bookkeeping, and a minimum of two years related experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
- Must have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to write clearly.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work accurately and calmly in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to use a 10-key calculator efficiently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- SAP software experience preferred.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.
Accounting Internship - Part-time Avis Budget GroupVirginia Beach, VA 1 week ago Internship
The goal of the Internship Program is aimed at cultivating new talent, growing new leaders, and increasing Avis Budget Group's commitment to the professional development of our employees. As part of the Avis Budget Group team, interns will be given an opportunity to contribute positively to the future growth of the Company, while increasing their own career potential and continuing to develop themselves professionally. The intern must be available to work part-time (25-30 hours a week) Monday through Friday, throughout the entire length of the fall and winter semesters with the flexibility to increase hours during the summer semester. The intern must also be able to provide their own housing and transportation. During this time interns will be provided with a challenging, educational and rewarding experience that includes (but is not limited to): assisting in daily responsibilities of the department, working on department based projects, mentoring, attending development workshops and participating in company sponsored / team building events. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Record ledger journal entries into Oracle from the source data, using Excel, including pivot tables, to summarize data for journalizing.
- Perform monthly account analyses of ledger accounts.
- Analyze trends in operational performance by updating statistics. Use of Excel vlookup is often required.
- Assist with gathering information necessary to be forwarded to outside actuaries or external auditors.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required.
- Active enrollment at college/university through August 2017
- Completed at least one year of coursework
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Working towards Bachelor's degree or Masters in Accounting, Finance, or other related business field.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Contribute positively to the organization, both individually and as part of a team
- Solid PC skills including knowledge of MS Office
- Additional knowledge, skills and abilities may be required based on specific internship description
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
Accounting Associate Virginia TechBlacksburg, VA 1 week ago Full Time
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world. Position Summary: The Accounting Associate is responsible for a variety of fiscal activities which may include, but are not limited to: bookkeeping, payroll & invoice processing, procurement, travel arrangements & reimbursements, billing & collections, financial reconciliations, fixed asset tracking, cash handling, and file maintenance. Required Qualifications: Previous experience in accounting or bookkeeping and customer service. Proven experience with reconciliations, invoice processing, funds handling, deposit of daily receipts, petty cash funds, and merchant credit card procedures. Demonstrated experience handling sensitive, confidential information and documents. Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner to diverse constituents. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment with limited supervision. Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience preparing financial schedules and reports in Excel. Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger. Associate's degree with a business related discipline. Familiarity with Banner Finance and HRIS , Hokie Mart, Time Clock Plus, and QuickBooks or similar software programs. Employment Conditions: Must have a criminal background check Must have a conviction check: Yes Describe Other: Employment Comments: How to Apply for this Job: For a full description of the position and requirements, and to apply, please go to www.jobs.vt.edu, posting SW0160805. Attach a resume and cover letter to the online application. Attached letters of recommendation will be considered but are optional. Review of applications will begin on October 24, 2016. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations should contact Angie Harris at 540/231-6865 or email@example.com by the review date. Employee Category: Staff (Salary) Appointment Type: Regular If restricted or temporary, enter end date: FLSA Status: Non-exempt: Eligible for overtime Academic Year or Calendar Year: Calendar Year Percent Employment: Full-time If part time, enter Percent Time: Pay Band: Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061. Reasonable Accommodation Statement: If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department. Quick Link: http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/70196 Required Documents
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Assistant Professor of Accounting Mills CollegeOakland, CA 1 week ago Full Time
Mills College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Accounting position beginning August 2017. The Lorry I. Lokey School of Business and Public Policy prepares ethical and socially responsible organizational leaders who have the strategic perspective, business knowledge, and management skills to deliver strong performance for their enterprises while making a positive impact on society and the environment. We are a unique mission-driven institution with a highly diverse student base located in a vibrant Oakland community. Mills College was recently recognized as #5 Regional University in the West by US News and World Report. Our MBA program is ranked in the Top 10 for Social Impact in 2014 Net Impact’s Business as Unusual. For information about other degree programs please www.mills.edu/mba. The Lokey School is actively pursuing AACSB accreditation and is currently developing an undergraduate business major to complement the College’s liberal arts offerings. Therefore, we are actively recruiting faculty with promising teaching as well as research potential. More importantly, we are looking for a colleague to join our faculty team. We are a highly collegial group and are looking for a colleague who will help us take the school to the next level by teaching and advising our students (teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in financial and managerial accounting); sustaining an active research agenda; participating in School and College service; and contributing to curriculum development. Applicants must have a doctoral degree in accounting from an AACSB-International accredited university and an established research agenda. Industry, consulting, or executive education experience is strongly preferred. Women and other traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Mills College is a mission driven institution that seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to diversity and our desire to maintain the excellence of our faculty. Inquiries may be addressed to AccountingSearch@mills.edu. About Mills College: Located in Oakland, California, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, Mills College is a nationally renowned independent liberal arts college for women with graduate programs for women and men. Since 1852 we’ve been empowering students to become creative, independent thinkers who take and inspire action. For more information, visit www.mills.edu. Job Requirements Teaching Financial and Managerial Accounting Publishing in peer reviewed journals Advising and Mentoring
Experienced CPA - Exciting Partner Opportunity Hough, MacAdam, Wartnik, Fisher & Gorman, LLCNorth Bend, OR 1 week ago Full Time
We are a locally owned and operated public accounting firm on the Southern Oregon Coast. For the right person with 3 or more years of experience, we want to talk to you! Come and join our team of talented and dynamic individuals at the largest accounting firm on the Oregon Coast. With ten CPAs on staff and a diverse client base, we provide a broad range of services including tax, audit, trust and estate planning, business valuation, consulting and litigation. With a history of both continual growth as well as current growth opportunities, the earning potential and career development for the right person is strong. Our culture is one of providing quality service to our clients, teamwork, balance and flexibility. We have a strong presence in our community and encourage marketing efforts that support our community. Please provide a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Hough MacAdam Wartnik Fisher & Gorman, LLC, 3690 Broadway, North Bend, OR 97459 Attn: Tina Milburn, Business Administrator. For more information about our firm, visit our website at www.hmwcpas.com
Accounting Staff Hough, MacAdam, Wartnik, Fisher & Gorman, LLCNorth Bend, OR 1 week ago Full Time
We are a locally owned and operated public accounting firm on the Southern Oregon Coast who is seeking talented and dynamic individuals to join our team. Candidates must possess strong accounting, analytical, interpersonal and team building skills. Tax and/or audit experience is a plus. Whether you are a bookkeeper, paraprofessional, a CPA or CPA candidate, we encourage you to contact us. If you are an experienced CPA with ownership aspirations, we especially would like to talk to you. As valued members of our team, these full time positions offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, and on-going opportunities for professional growth. Please provide cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com or send to Hough MacAdam Wartnik Fisher & Gorman, LLC, 3690 Broadway, North Bend, OR 97459 Attn: Tina Milburn, Business Administrator. For more information about our firm, visit our website at www.hmwcpas.com
Staff Accountant Mathematical Association of AmericaWashington, DC, MD 1 week ago Full Time
The Mathematical Association of America (MAA), a national professional association, seeks a full-time Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for creating entries for and maintaining the accuracy of the general ledger accounts of the MAA, managing the integration of all financial data from the Association Management System (AMS) into the accounting system as well as assisting with the preparation of program specific financial reports and budget to actual analysis. A successful candidate for this position must have advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), advanced MS Office Skills with a strong emphasis on excel including the use of advanced functions such as pivot tables, and a strong ability to analyze transaction flow through multiple software to develop accounting entries. Candidates must have the ability to meet deadlines, work independently and collaboratively, and possess a strong work ethic. Experience using Association Management Systems (AMS) financial output to develop detailed ledger entries is required as is experience with Accounting Software. Experience with non-profit accounting is highly desirable as is experience with cloud-based financial software and the selection and implementation of accounting software. Experience with federal grant accounting is a plus. The Mathematical Association of America (MAA), located in the historic Dupont Circle area of Washington D.C., is the world's largest community of mathematicians, students, and enthusiasts. The MAA accelerates the understanding of our world through mathematics, because math drives society and shapes our lives. For more information about the Mathematical Association of America, see www.maa.org. The MAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Please email resume, cover letter, and salary expectations (required) to: Elizabeth H. Richards, SPHR, GPHR Mathematical Association of America E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field as well as a minimum of 5+ years of applicable accounting experience. NOTES: Additional Salary Information: Based on experience
Accounting Manager KIPP New Orleans SchoolsNew Orleans, LA 1 week ago Full Time
About KIPP New Orleans Schools:
KIPP New Orleans Schools is a non-profit network of 11 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating 4400 elementary, middle, and high school students. We have a 10-year track record of preparing students for success in college and life, and our goal is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths needed to pursue a life filled with choices. Our schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. As part of the national Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP) network of 200 schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia, we are committed to partnering with the community to ensure that all children have the knowledge, skills and character needed to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place. We believe that great teachers and school leaders, a supportive learning environment, and an emphasis on both academics and character are the foundation for student success, and we strive to provide these for every child.
At KIPP New Orleans Schools, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for supervising KIPP New Orleans grant accounting function and performing high level accounting tasks. The Accounting Manager ensures all work is performed accurately, efficiently and in compliance with all requirements and regulations. The position reports to the Controller. The Accounting Manager must possess:
The Accounting Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. In executing all responsibilities, the Accounting Manager must focus on excellent outcomes for the students KIPP New Orleans serves and the organization as a whole:
Qualifications: The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
Corporate Recruiter Red Clay ConsultingAtlanta, GA 1 week ago Full Time
Red Clay Consulting, a growing Midtown Atlanta IT professional services company, is currently looking for an Accounting Specialist with 3 to 5 years of bookkeeping and payroll administration experience. The Accounting Specialist will be an integral part in the success of the accounting department as well as the company as a whole. Our Accounting Specialist will report directly to the Director of Finance. This position will perform a variety of accounting and bookkeeping tasks involved in maintaining financial records, processing data, and the monitoring, verification, and reconciliation of accounts. Must have a broad understanding of standard accounting practices and regulations, and extensive use of and knowledge of accounting software systems.
Responsibilities will include:
General Support Functions
Desired Experience and Related Skills:
Preferred / Highly Desirable:
Accountant III (Senior) or Accountant II FinanceCharlottesville, VA 1 week ago Full Time
This position may be filled as an Accountant III (Senior) or as an Accountant II depending on qualifications.
- Accountant III (Senior) starting hiring range is $43,132.13 to $67,042.56 annually.
- Accountant II starting hiring range is $35,324.64 to $64,432.99 annually.
Senior Accountant: Under limited supervision and a high degree of independence, plans, directs and supervises the activities of a professional accounting staff engaged in the performance, analysis, and review of highly complex, diversified accounting tasks for the City or a large City department; and performs related work as required. Positions within the Accountant III (Senior) class serve as a professional supervisor OR has City-wide responsibility for a complex accounting function. Accountant II: Under general supervision performs a wide variety of moderately complex financial accounting and reporting tasks within area assigned area of responsibility; may supervise accounting staff and/or support staff; and performs related work as required. Positions within the Accountant II class perform professional full performance level work and carry out the full range of duties within financial accounting and reporting with limited guidance and more independence. Essential Responsibilities and Duties Senior Accountant:
- Reconciles all funds and accounts for assigned areas of responsibility; researches discrepancies, collection information, non-reconciliation of accounts, and reports findings to management in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Leads planning, reviewing, preparing and monitoring routine and special monthly and annual budgets and budget projections for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Works regularly as a liaison to other agencies/departments and/or component units to provide information and to resolve accounting issues.
- Responsible for knowing and following accounting pronouncements issued by various regulatory bodies, such as the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), and recommends revisions to established policies and procedures as indicated.
- Recommends changes to existing departmental policies and procedures or new department policies and procedures. Determines how data impacts financial statements.
- Prepares and submits routine and special costing, audit, financial and budgetary analysis reports and statements for City, State and Federal agencies, as required.
- Provides, tracks, monitors, and verifies bank wire transfers, disbursements and appropriations for assigned accounts and funds, according to supervisor's instructions.
- Provides technical support and advice to external auditors and regulatory agencies; prepares and assist with review of annual audit and financial schedules for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Leads preparation and review of assigned portion of the CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report) for accuracy and completeness.
- Supervises staff or review the work of staff related to issues, procedures, and reporting.
- Conducts financial analysis and reports on efficiency and effectiveness of departmental financial programs.
- Conducts general ledger management, such as posting and reconciliation of accounts and journal transfers, of various departments' programs.
- Conducts internal audits of payroll, accounts payable, accounting, and grants.
- Completes special projects, as assigned.
- Trains and leads lower-level accountants, as assigned.
- Prepares and disburses customer and/or client accounting documents and correspondence and resolves inquiries by customers, clients and/or the general public for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Approves expenditures for assigned accounts, funds, and other financial areas of responsibility, as delegated by supervisor.
- Performs assigned accounting functions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and applicable Federal and State regulations for assigned area of responsibility and accounts.
- Reconciles all funds and accounts for assigned areas of responsibility; researches discrepancies, collection information, non-reconciliation of accounts, and reports findings to supervisor or management.
- Assists in planning, reviewing, preparing and monitoring routine and special monthly and annual budgets and budget projections for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates and performs posting of payments, journal and/or ledger entries in accordance with GAAP for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Collects data to prepare and submits routine audit, financial and budgetary analysis reports and statements for City, State and Federal agencies as required.
- Provides, tracks, monitors, and verifies bank wire transfers, disbursements and appropriations for assigned accounts and funds according to supervisor's instructions.
- Performs data entry of all financial activities for assigned accounts and funds; verifies and reconciles accuracy of data entered.
- Follows departmental internal controls for management of assigned accounts and funds.
- Serves as a resource to management and support staff with accounting rules, guidelines and procedures; provides accounting support to other city departments as necessary.
- Assists external auditors with technical support and advice; prepares annual audit and financial schedules for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and disburses accounting documents and correspondence and resolves inquiries for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Approves expenditures for assigned accounts, funds, and other financial areas of responsibility as delegated by supervisor.
- Participates in the development of procedures and suggests data reporting changes.
- May review work of an Accountant I or other accounting staff.
- May be responsible for auditing payroll and other related human resources functions.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Education, Experience and Skills Accountant III (Senior) Qualifications:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field from an accredited college or university. (If no bachelor's degree, minimally two years of undergraduate coursework with two years of highly related experience may be considered equivalent.)
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience. Extensive experience working within an enterprise resource planning (ERP), database, or similar accounting system required. Experience with SAP preferred.
- Expert knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices; thorough knowledge of the laws, ordinances and regulations governing municipal finance; ability to read and interpret reports and policies and procedures; expert knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; expert level of use agency's systems and software with the ability to manipulate, write own reports, customize and teach others; ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions; ability to deal effectively with co-workers and senior management; ability to priority work and complete work under strict deadlines; ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing; demonstrate cooperation and teamwork with all members of staff.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field from an accredited college or university. (If no bachelor's degree, minimally two years of college-level coursework with two years of highly related experience may be considered equivalent.)
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience. Experience with SAP or similar ERP system preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices; thorough knowledge of the laws, ordinances and regulations governing municipal finance; ability to read and interpret financial reports and financial policies and procedures; working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and the ability to learn and effectively use agency's financial management systems and software; ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions; ability to deal effectively with co-workers and peers throughout the City; ability to prioritize work and complete work under strict deadlines; ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing; demonstrate cooperation and teamwork with all members of staff.