Top Reasons to Pursue an Online Bachelor’s in Accounting
Pursuing a bachelor’s in accounting online is an affordable way for individuals to launch rewarding careers. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates the average accountant with a bachelor’s degree earns an average annual salary of $70,500. Accounting careers span various industries, so students may tailor their expertise to industries that align with their interests.
Accounting careers span various industries, so students may tailor their expertise to industries that align with their interests.
Online bachelor’s degree programs offer busy professionals a convenient way to earn a degree. Many programs use an asynchronous format that gives students the flexibility to complete coursework around other responsibilities, such as a job or family. Some programs also offer accelerated formats that allow students to move through the curriculum at their own pace and complete requirements more quickly; this learning method may reduce costs and qualify students for the workforce sooner.
The number of students enrolling in online programs versus traditional programs is growing. In 2016, the number of online students grew 5.6%, totalling more than 6.3 million students. Read on to learn more about the top reasons to earn an online bachelor’s in accounting.
Why Pursue an Online Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Diverse Opportunities Careers in this field span the healthcare, business, banking, and insurance industries, among others. All organizations need professionals to track their income and expenditures to ensure they remain profitable.
- Career Benefits The BLS projects jobs in this field will grow 10% between 2016-2026. Professionals with a bachelor’s degree in accounting earn an average salary of $70,500.
- Flexibility Online programs typically use an asynchronous format, allowing students to complete coursework at any time of day. Busy professionals have the opportunity to advance their degrees while working.
- Affordability Many programs charge flat tuition rates for online students regardless of state of residency. Online students also do not pay on-campus housing, parking, or other facility fees.
- Convenience Online learning offers students the convenience of accessing their school’s education portal from any location, allowing them to submit assignments and participate in virtual class discussions remotely.
- Freedom Online students may access their classroom from anywhere with an internet connection. Some programs also allow students to work at their own pace to complete their degrees quickly.
- Customization Students can tailor an online accounting degree to align with their interests and career goals. Concentration options make this possible.
Top Online Programs
Explore programs of your interests with the high-quality standards and flexibility you need to take your career to the next level.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Now that you understand the top reasons to pursue an online bachelor’s degree in accounting, begin searching for a program. Many schools offer reputable and affordable degree programs; here, you can explore a few of these top online bachelor’s in accounting programs by following this link.
Kick off your finance career with one of these affordable online accounting degrees. Compare the top programs, crunch the numbers, and get the best value.
A master's in accounting opens the door to in-demand, lucrative careers. Explore our list of the best master's in accounting online programs for 2021.
Bachelor's degrees in accounting can build strong careers. Become an accountant through an accredited, affordable program that leads to CPA certification.
Search top-tier programs curated by your interests.
Let us know what type of degree you're looking into, and we'll find a list of the best programs to get you there.